Feeling cold all the time, low blood pressure, irregular periods. No thyroid problem. Due to birth control pills?

I want to know why I keep having an intolerance to cold/hot weather. For example, my fiance, my friends, and his friends always say I have a weird body temp. Like for example, last night I turned the heat up to 77 and I was still cold. I had jacket, blue jeans, and long sleeve shirt on. I just don't know what is going on because everyone else in the house was hot. Also, I have low blood pressure and I do tend to get sick quite often. And I'm irregular with my menstrual cycles, but I've been taking birth control for a few months now. I don't know if any of those things have anything to do with anything. Also, I have had my thyroid looked at when I was at my gyno's office. They said it was all within normal range. So, I am just trying to find out what I may need to look into. Is this common for people to have intolerances for certain temps, because I feel like I am always the odd one out when it comes to this and drives everyone in the house crazy.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Since the thyroid dysfunction has been ruled out, it seems that it is not due to any pathology or drug intake. In lean and thin persons who have lesser body fat under their skins do tolerate cold temperatures less efficiently as compared to others. This is just a physiological variation and there is nothing to worry.
You can consult your physician to rule out other causes like anemia and other systemic infections.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Feeling cold all the time, low blood pressure, irregular periods. No thyroid problem. Due to birth control pills? 27 minutes later
Okay, but also.. I am not very thin or skinny. I am actually a little bit overweight, but not fat. So what would you say it is? And what other systemic infections are you referring to? I just want to know what other possible things it could be.. because my doctor acts like everything is fine.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The most likely possibility is nothing is wrong with you. Other possible causes if you are not very thin are viral infections- sometimes these do not have clinical manifestations, anemia, excessive calorie reduction, excessive fear/stress/tension, artificial sweeteners, chemical additives in food, sleep disorders, lack of sleep, disruption of circadian rhythms, etc.
Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.