Feeling chest pain and thirsty. Should I consult doctor?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Dad is feeling chest pain and also feeling thirsty.. right now going to doctor is advisable or can i do anything so that i wait till morning
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 20 minutes later

Having on mind his age and high BP you should go to doctor. This is probably nothing, but some serious things such as pneumothorax, heart attack and pulmonary embolism need to be ruled out. Probably lab tests, chest x-ray and ECG will be done, and these tests can exclude diagnosis I ve mentioned. Everything else is not an emergency so it can wait. If you follow my recommendation you can inform me with work-up results.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Follow-up: Feeling chest pain and thirsty. Should I consult doctor? 6 minutes later
Can I do something immediately for the relief so that he can sleep ... I want to wait till morning to go to doctor ..and even he's not ready to go right now .... he already went to doctor 3 days back and he gave some medicines and asked to come after 5 days and said endoscopy may be needed to done if things are not getting better. ... he also has gas troublen from many years ... somewhere i m feeling that the watermelon he ate in the evening can be a cause ... so just wnted to know if anything immediate can be done at home for making him at ease for now
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 22 minutes later
Well.if you are sure that this is not related to heart and lungs and if he already had such symptoms then yes, you can wait till morning.but be careful, dont leave him alone in the room. if you notice blood vomiting, pain that spread to shoulder or breathing difficulty then go to hospital as soon as you can. Till that he shouldnt eat anything that agrravates pain. it means coffee,alcohol,spicy and fat food. he can take banana,milk products and XXXXXXX tea. if you have some antiacid medicine he can take it. also should avoid sitting and while sleeping tell him to lay with upper body raised. An the most important: drink enough water. wish i ve been helpful. if you have anything to ask be free
Follow-up: Feeling chest pain and thirsty. Should I consult doctor? 22 hours later
I wanna share the Endoscopy results and understand more what it says but i m not seeing the attach button here :(
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 8 minutes later
Yes you can attach it. I dont know where exactly because i am not user,but try to ask moderator, and ask him not to pay for it because this one we will not count as a question