Feeling bloated, light headedness. Causes?

Hi Im 40 years old. I have been feeling bloated and gasy for the last month but now geting lightheadedness and feeling unwell. I havent had a period for three years now. What could be causing this?
Posted Tue, 29 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The above symptoms you have make me think on two causes which are involved in such a presentation. One would be hormonal imbalance which has to be treated with menstrual history.

The second thought is that the symptoms could be due to mass or a lump in the abdomen.The could be involved in causing the intestinal obstruction which usually presents with bloatedness and flatulent.

I would suggest you to get a Ultrasound scan, if not done in recent and consult a gyaenecologist who after examining you can confirm one out of the above diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.