Fainting feeling after having sex, nausea, leg and hand weakness, head ache. What is this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
yesterday after i had sex with my wife , i was about to faint..and after that i m feeling like vomit and weakness in my left leg and hand ... and little pain in left side of head..what is this please help me after that i m continuousaly feeling vomit and all this weakness in hand and leg on left side..
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare Magic.
Mild headache after sex is common and can be ignored. However, in your case, there is weakness of left leg and hand along with vomiting. Here, we need to exclude any intra-cranial problem (such as brain hemorrhage). I request you to visit the emergency department of a nearby hospital and XXXXXXX the physician/neurologist. A CT scan of the head can be done, which can help in early diagnosis and treatment.
There is no need to worry at present, as early treatment often leads to successful outcomes even in cases of brain hemorrhage.
Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad

Follow-up: Fainting feeling after having sex, nausea, leg and hand weakness, head ache. What is this? 33 minutes later
sir actually i typed this question 10 days ago.and mistakenly sent the typed question.it happened 10 days ago. i consulted doctor after that but he did not concentrated on my head problem instead he tested my blood and urine.SGOT & SGPT result was 86 and 90 instead of 10-40 and 10-40 respectively..he given me following medicine ambulax-FM ,ursocol 300,clotas-d,pentacid -DSR ....but even after 10 days when today i had sex ,i didnt feel like before like pain and faint but i still feel heaviness in my left skull and little bit like vomeeting.. please advice me should i go for CT scan , is it may be the case of brain hemorrhage.. in case of brain hemorrhage, is it curable ..how long it take to damage brain after brain hemorrhage..today i had sex before 3-4 hr and right now i m feeling heaviness in my left head but no pain ...pls advice me in detail...

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 42 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.
The initial treatment given by your doctor was on correct lines. Now that 10 days have passed, you can consult him again. Recheck the liver function tests including SGOT and SGPT. If they are still abnormal, you may continue medications as per his advice.
However, if SGPT and SGOT are normal, going for a CT scan of brain will be better.
As I mentioned earlier, if brain hemorrhage is diagnosed and treated early, it is curable. Also, I do not expect any major hemorrhage, as your symptoms are mild in nature.
Best wishes,

Follow-up: Fainting feeling after having sex, nausea, leg and hand weakness, head ache. What is this? 37 minutes later
what is SGOT & SGPT,is it related to headache and weakness and urge of vomit after sex or my symptoms is directly related to hemorrhage.i was about to get unconscious after sex that day.is it related to liver function.i have one more thing to concern, initially when i had sex with my wife , she had pain in her vagina after 1 or 2 days after sex..dr said its infection in her vagina . is it also related to my symptoms. i may get infected from her.are these symptoms of any STD.and please tell me if hemorrhage is minor can it be cured itself or it need to b consulted to dr only.pls answer my all questions.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for getting back.
SGOT and SGPT are related to liver and are elevated in liver problems.
Headache is not related to SGPT/SGOT elevation.
Brain hemorrhage can be diagnosed only after CT scan of head.
You do not have any symptoms of STD at present.
The symptoms of STD may include pain while passing urine, discharge from urethra, ulcers over glans penis, etc. If you have any of these symptoms, you may consult a physician.
If headache and vomiting are improving, it may settle on its own. However, if they are persisting, please get a CT scan done.
Please write back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,