Fainted, suffered mild head injury. Getting headache and tightness in neck. Should I consult a doctor?

Nov 2013

I fainted 2 days ago in the shower and fell out and hit my head on the tile. I woke up about 15 seconds later. My friend helped me up and we went to sleep. Since then I have felt dazed and had a headache. My neck is very tight and aches and my nose hurts even though I didn't hit it. Should I go to the doctor or will I be fine in a few days?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your symptoms, you have suffered only a mild head injury, and there are very little chances of any XXXXXXX brain injury.

You would improve on your own in a few days and hence, there is no need to go to the doctor.

For symptom relief, you can take ibuprofen (for headache) and betahistine (for dizziness).

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad