Eyelid infection, pimple, stiff jaw, dizzy, antibiotics

i had infection in my eyelid from attempting to burst a pimple. i was told the infection could move to my brain. i have been taking my antibiotics as prescribed but currently my jaw has become stiff and my thoughts are "fuzzy". I feel a slight dizziness. Should I visit the ER?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 20 minutes later

I do not think you have a reason to visit an ER now. Please visit ER if you have the following, Fever, Uncontrollable headache and Stiffneck.

Your doctor is right. Any infection on your face, particularly those related to eye and nose can spread to brain as there is communication channel from this area to base of brain.

The magnitude of infection in your eyes may not be more, but if left untreated can lead to such problems in the brain. You are already taking antibiotics as per advise, this should not happen.

The problem that you have of stiff jaw may be different entity. Fuzzy thoughts and some dizziness may be because of fear that you have in your mind about spread to brain.

Some discomfort in head and pain are common with any infection of eye.In my opinion there is no need to worry.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.