Extremely stressed. On B-complex supplement. Face went numb. What is wrong?

Question
i am under extreme stress lately. i get B6 and B complex vitamin supplements . Today as i was studying i felt my face numb but when i put a pin on my face i can totally feel everything. but again i have the numb feeling even though when i touch my face i feel everything.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for query
The stress is a common phenomenon now and almost everybody has some stress in his life
Small amount of stress is good as it motivates you to perform better but if the level of stress is high then it can take it's toll in the form of weird symptoms like numbness of face as you are experiencing.There can be other physical symptoms like aches and pains,behavioral symptoms like eating or sleeping more or less,emotional symptoms like moodiness,depression etc.

You must learn to cope with your stress by adopting following measures
Regular exercises
Doing yoga,meditation and practicing XXXXXXX breathing techniques 
Being more with friends and relatives etc
Avoid taking tranquilizers and anti depressants as they result in dependence
Remain away from alcohol,drugs and smoking as they will aggravate your problem
I hope to have clarified however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck

Follow-up: Extremely stressed. On B-complex supplement. Face went numb. What is wrong? 13 minutes later
thank you doctor for your help unfortunately i have an exam period thats why i am so stressed. i wanted to know if i should worry about the "numbness" which feels like numbness.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 minutes later
Hello
You should not worry about it and practice XXXXXXX breathing technique.
You shall be alright
Thanks

Follow-up: Extremely stressed. On B-complex supplement. Face went numb. What is wrong? 47 hours later
Doctor thank you the numbness went away but i feel the same think when i am breathing in my chest. its feels like muscle pain like it was in my face. feels kind of tight. but there is no sharp pain

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 15 minutes later
Hello
Carry on with your XXXXXXX breathing exercises and keep yourself de stressed.
You shall be alright soon.
Thanks