Experiencing tingling sensation in lips and have night sweats after oral sex. What I should do?

Hello. I'm a male in my late 30's with no prior health conditions, A few months back (June) I had performed oral sex on a girl that I had recently met. It was a one night affair and have not seen her since. The next day I experienced a tingling sensation in my lips along with night sweats, not sure if this was the result of anxiety, I looked up the symptoms and although consistent with HSV, I did not have any active outbreaks, or any sores on my lips, no swollen lymph glands either.

I wrote to a doctor online, explained everything in great detail and his conclusion was that he did not believe it was HSV, that it could have been my anxiety along with some vitamin deficiency. I could not accept this as an answer since I've never experienced this feeling before.

Over the last few months, this tingling sensation has come and gone, some days mild, other days more prominent however an outbreak has never occurred. I have used a variety of ointments such as abreva (thinking this was hsv) medicated blistex, etc, These just serve to reduce the symptoms however they still exist to this day.

My intent was to go see a dermatologist however I would only gotten an appt in December. I have not done any blood tests since I wanted to wait 3 months before going as I have read online.

What i have noticed is that i have these tiny little cluster of bumps that randomly occur which I can only feel with my tongue, they are not visible and usually are found around the corner of my lips.

I've done some research online and what I have come to know is that this may be a bacterial infection however without proper medical consultation I cannot know this for certain.

I would like to know what's going on? What i should do? If this is contagious? also, if there is a remedy to this. Also, in your opinion who would be the best medical specialist to consult given this case.

Please feel free to ask for more details if required.

Thank you.

Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query and a detailed history.
Any type of infection including herpes takes at least 3 to 7 days to develop . This is called as incubation Period of the disease. You can search it on line.
So any type of Infection can be ruled out as you developed tingling the very next day itselfI
According to me you have developed an allergic reaction to any product which she has applied.
I would like to know whether you have applied any steroid cream in past?
waiting for your response.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
thank you