Experiencing tingling sensation in breast. Having anxiety. Mammogram clear. Any thoughts?

I am an otherwise healthy 47 year old woman. For the last 5 days, I have experienced tingly pain throughout my pectorals and into my breasts. I do have anxiety, but physically I'm very well. I have been seeing a physiotherapist who has been working with my neck for issues related to sitting a at a desk for long periods. I wonder if the manipulation I have had would have something to do with these tingling sensations. I've had a recent clear mammogram and my breasts appear as they always have, so I'm not concerned about cancer. Thoughs?
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 6 minutes later

Given your history of neck pain and recent physiotherapist manipulation, a possibility of this tingly pain due to nerve compression is more likely.

Apply warm compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer like Diclofenac or Acetaminphen (Tylenol). Application of topical muscle relaxants will also help.

It is also better if you correct any posture imbalances that you may have, whether in a sitting posture or in a standing posture like you should avoid sitting on computers for long. It is also very important to make sure that the pillow you use under your head is the correct size and thickness for your body. Make adjustments in your diet and add lots of calcium XXXXXXX foods like curd, milk etc in your diet.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.