Experiencing stress along with discomfort in neck, wrists, knees and ankles. Medical cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
lately i've been very stressed for a number of reasons, and I've had discomfort in my neck, wrists, knees and ankles along with it.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Stress is often associated with multiple joint pains and aches.
Other causes can be polyarthralgia, decreased vitamin D3 levels, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia, etc. For proper diagnosis, some of the blood tests are advisable like-
1. Serum calcium levels.
2. Serum Uric acid levels.
3. RA factor
4. ESR and CRP
5. Serum Creatinine
6. X-ray of affected joints.
You need a thorough clinical examination followed by investigations under the guidance of an orthopedician.
Till then for symptomatic relief, you can take over the counter analgesics, do hot fomentation and apply local analgesic gel on the affected areas.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.