Experiencing soreness in shoulder. Have corpal tunnel in wrist. What can this be?

I have been experiencing soreness in my left shoulder and now i have something simular to corpal tunnel in my left wrist. Any idea what is going on?
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
The soreness in the shoulder and carpal tunnel like symptoms in the wrist are likely to be due to inflammatory changes in the joints. This could be related to a vitamin D 3 deficiency or arthritis.
Follow these lifestyle modifications,
1.) Give Complete rest to your Hand and arm for about a month.
2.) Wear a splint or Brace in the wrist after discussing it with your Doctor.
3.) Avoid repetitive wrist and shoulder movements. Avoid all overhead activities.
4.) Perform regularly the strengthening exercises after consulting your Physical Therapist.
5.) Make a note of which movements aggravate the pain, and try avoiding them to the fullest.
6.) Apply hot compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.