Experiencing some sort of skin rash around eyes. Appears in the inner eye corner above cheekbones. Eyes are red. Suggest the treatment?

I am experiencing some sort of skin rash that appears around my eyes. It appears at least 2x per month in the exact same places from inner eye corner to just above my cheekbones. when it comes on it feels slightly burning and itching but not too bad. It's not bright red, but more pinkish. As you can see in the photo, it now makes my eyes red and glossy. The irritated area is not hard or scaley and when it goes away there is not a lot of dryness. I was given an unused tube of Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment 01% by a friend and it makes it disappear within a day. I would like to know your suggestion - at this point I am thinking it has to be treated with a prescription that is not topical?
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query and photograph.
I can see there is lot of watering from your eyes. Do you have any problem in eyes or do you put any medication? Triamcinolone is an steroid.
Response to this shows that you have developed an allergic condition. May be to flowing tear. Waiting for your response.
Thank you