Experiencing pain while passing stool. Is the tissue growth causing pain and blockage?

General Surgeon
Hello.. My name is XXXXXX, my wife has problem. She has a painful motions, whenever she has to go for motions (toilet) she has a painful experience. she used to have constipation, but now since she has altered her food habits, her motions are normal now, but sometimes she experiences pain while passing out. There is a small protruding tissue which causes pain while passing motion. Let me know the best help that is needed in such cases.Would be worried if the tissue grows larger to block the passage, causing further pain and blockage..
Due to this problem there is another tissue that has protruded, concerned about this cause and want to get remedy quickly.
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 28 minutes later
As per your query,she is having fissure in ano.It is a crack in the anal canal which lead to painful motions.It also causes skin to protrude out and look like a haemorrhoid(pile).It is not a true pile,but called as sentinel pile.
Another tissue that has protruded can also be due to fissure in ano or a haemorrhoid(pile).
Ask her to take high fiber diet.Drink plenty of fluids.
Give her stool softeners like Lactulose solution.
She can take Pilex tablets if available.
But,the best thing i advice is to go for surgery and get the protruding tissue removed.
Wish her good health
If you have any queries,i will clarify further
Follow-up: Experiencing pain while passing stool. Is the tissue growth causing pain and blockage? 1 hour later

Thanks for the advice..

Is there any way to get cured via tablets / treatment or should we go for surgery immediately as the only way out.

What are the chances that this will not re-occur even after surgery, since the 2nd tissue recently appeared.

What is the permanent solution, even if surgery is done for temporary remedy.
What are the side effects of Pilex Tablets..& Lactulose solution

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 8 hours later
As the tissues are protruding,medicines may not be helpful at this stage.
But,you can try for a couple of weeks.If the symptoms still persist,you have to go for surgery.
Eventhough pain is reduced with medicines,the protruded tissue has to be removed by surgery only.
No one can say about the recurrence chances.
Even after surgery,she has to take high fiber diet,drink plenty of liquids.Her stools should be soft.If she passes hard stools after surgery,the condition may recur.
There is no permanent solution for this.But,if the symptoms are troubling,get her operated and she has to follow strict diet after it.
Pilex tablets are Ayurvedic medicines.No side effects.
I am prescribing Lactulose solution to my patients without any side effects.Though many side effects are written in literature,none of my patient complained.
Wish her good health

Follow-up: Experiencing pain while passing stool. Is the tissue growth causing pain and blockage? 11 minutes later
I am currently using auryvedic tablets like

1 Arsh Health
2 Arsh Hita
3 Isphagula husk (fibre diet)

Are these good, should I discontinue and start with pilex + lactulose .

Thanks again for quick reply
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 31 minutes later
If you are using the above mentioned tablets,no need to stop them and replace.
As the mechanism of action is same,continue the same tablets.
If there is no response,go for Surgery.
Wish her good health