Experiencing liver pain when getting up or down. Should I consult a doctor?

I am 70 yrs old and I have a pain right where my liver is. I am not yellow, I don't feel sick, I have no temp., but it hurts when I get up or down out of a chair. It doesn't hurt when I''m up unless I press on the front or side right under my right breast. I fell on my stairs two weeks ago and got a couple of bruises, but this didn't start until this last Sat. three days ago. Should I just chaulk it up to the fall?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 41 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Absence of associated symptoms / relation to movements / tenderness on touch / general well being - all suggest a local cause - inflammation / injury from the the fall.

Clinical examination may confirm this. See your doctor. It may be preferable to have an X-ray of chest / if necessary scan - because of the long interval after the episode.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck