Experiencing ear blockages, headache, nausea and balancing issues after an accident. What could have happened?
User rating for this question
Hi, I had a car accident six weeks ago. I went to the doctor and he said that I have concussion. The CT scan I had was Clear .... I also had an MRI that showed up as clear. I initially experienced ear blockages in both ears to a varying degree and headache type pain in the left back part of my head. My eyes also burn and have suffered a small pigment epithileal detachment in my left eye and a disturbance in my right eye. I had my eyes tested to 20/20 or 6/5 and can see somewhat normally. I have nausea and some balance issues along with burning eyes and sometimes blurring of my peripheral vision in my right eye or both, that goes away after about 1 hour. I also have symptoms of Post concussion symptoms including irritability and riding a wave of emotions. I am at a loss of what to do or what has happened to me? I do not have a family history of MS, Glaucoma, stroke etc.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Diffuse axonal injury is a possibility. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr.XXXXX. Thanks for the query. Symptoms of irritability and riding a wave of emotions that you have can occur due to injury to diffuse axonal injury to frontal lobe. MRI and CT scan be normal in diffuse axonal injury. No definite treatment is indicated in such a case. Symptoms need to be managed by the treating physician like headache. If the problems do not improve or deteriorate further a follow up scans may be indicated. You should recover soon. Hope this answers your query. Thank you.
People also viewed
- Headache and nausea after accident
- Vertigo heartbeat in ear dizziness nausea headache help
- Ears ringing trouble hearing ear pressure worried about hearing loss
- Semen analysis report recurrent miscarriages should we get worried
- Ringing noise in ear nausea headache fever
- Knee injury painful pins and needles down leg any suggestions
- Headache and nausea after car accident
- How should i take benzonatate pill
- Kid has headache dizziness nausea ringing in ear
- What are the medicine to normalize urin albomin
- What would happen if tb test will injected
- Weakness numbnes on hands and face after suffering from diarrhea
- Advise on usage of inner wears
- What is calcified chronic tb
- Difficulty in getting erection and loss of interest in sex