Experiencing difficulty in stretching arm and heard popping sound. Sign of arthritis?

Everyday for months now I been experiencing somehing wron in my elbow. I would start to stretch and then my elbow feels as if it won't go any further. I have to slowly move it outwad and then it would make a popping sound as if I am cracking my knuckles. Is this a sign of arthritus of some sort?
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 1 hour later

This does not seem to be related to any type of arthritis, since arthritis involves pain and swelling in joints.

Popping sensation or cracking of joints is absolutely normal. Sometimes, overuse in joints like elbow can cause a periarthritis like tennis elbow. However, that also has pain.

One other condition that can cause this sensation is a dislocation at the elbow, for which you may need to visit a joint specialist and get yourself examined. Again, this too causes pain.

I would suggest that you do gentle exercises of elbow, that should relieve you of this problem.

Hope I had been able to guide you. Let me know if I can assist you further.