Endometrial ablation, tubal ligation, abdominal pain, removal of tube and ovary the only option ?

I had an endometrial ablation and tubal ligation 2 years ago. The first year everything was great no cramping or bleeding at all. However for the past year I have had severe right lower quadrant pain. This happens during the time I should be on my period. It is so severe I can't stand up straight. I have been in the ER twice due to this. My Gyn has recently done a laparoscopy that didn't show anything however the procedure was not done during an episode of pain. I have no answers as to where to go from here. My Gyn basically said " see in one year" without finding out what is causing this. I believe that I have post ablation tubal ligation syndrome. If this is the problem, is removal of the tube and ovary the only option.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 54 minutes later
Hi there,

Post ablation tubal ligation syndrome is a rare occurance.The cause for the cyclic pain is usually endometriosis ,hematosalpinx or adhesions etc.Ideally these should be picked up on laproscopy/hysteroscopy.As you have mentioned your laproscopy findings were inconclusive.If that is actually the diagnosis then treatment is surgery.Either removal of the tube or uterus,depending on the pathology.

You are only 34,so it would be advisable to keep the ovaries unless there is any pathology,to avoid premature menopause.

Im afraid that in your doctor's place,i would have probably also taken a 'wait and watch' policy.