Early fall during sex. Why is it happening and why?

Question
hi,
I am facing problem of early fall during sex. Kindly suggest how to overcome from this.
Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Premature Ejaculation

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 20 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

From the symptoms it looks like you have the problem of premature ejaculation and considering your age it looks psychological to me.

Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during masturbation. Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique.

In stop start technique, near ejaculation, stop stroking and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute. If the symptoms persist then SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist.

Although there are other medical problems of premature ejaculation but from your symptoms these seem unlikely. These include abnormal hormone level, reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes.

You may need to undergo certain medical tests like for diabetes, thyroid profile and hormonal assay to completely rule them out if the symptoms persist even after the above mentioned measures.

A Psychiatrist shall be able to prescribe you medications only if the above measures fail to respond. I prefer you not to go in for medication directly. You need to be counselling along with the partner as a part of the couple therapy.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Follow-up: Early fall during sex. Why is it happening and why? 51 minutes later
is there any medicines which can be useful.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

Other than the ways described above, you may benefit from anti-anxiety medication or SSRIs (Selective serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors), such as Sertraline, Paroxetine or Dapoxetine, as these slow down ejaculation time. You can get them prescribed from your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries, then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Regards.