Dull pain or burning between anus and scrotum. Prostate test was normal. Suggest?

Question
Dull pain or burning between anus and scrotum very mild though had a prostate exam and was normal... no burning when I urinate but a soft warmth very hard to explain...
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Prasad 38 minutes later

You reported a dull burning pain localized to the area between anus and scrotum. The dull burning pain may be related to:
1. Localized fungal infection
2. Small nerve fibre inflammation

Small nerve fibre inflammation may be secondary to blood sugar, doctor, I would suggest you use topical antifungal creams like candid along with vitamin b12 supplements. If your blood sugar has not been tested recently, it is time to get it tested. Besides those, prefer to use lose and clean clothing/undergarments.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Best Regards

Follow-up: Dull pain or burning between anus and scrotum. Prostate test was normal. Suggest? 10 minutes later
Thank you.. I did notice it began after some work I did which required me to sit on my work boots for some time. in like a kneeling position with my backside resting on my boots.... I also drive a truck for a living and yes tight work pants are going in the bin.. there is no bruising that I can see but I guess a slight bruised pain may describe it a little better. Any thoughts

Answered by Dr. Prasad 21 minutes later
Thanks for providing additional details.

Tight work paints, prolonged truck driving and the abnormal sitting position can explain the bruise and the mild burning pain. As there is a slight bruise, I suggest you to keep the area clean and dry and use loose fitting pants to work. The bruise and the pain should improve with these changes.

If it does not improve in the next 3 days or if it worsens during these 3 days, you may use the antifungal cream and vitamin B12 supplements.

That being said, considering you are 43 years now, I insist that you check your blood sugars if you haven’t tested it recently.

Wish you good health!! I will be glad to answer your other concerns (if any). If there are no other questions to me, please close this discussion.

Take care...

Follow-up: Dull pain or burning between anus and scrotum. Prostate test was normal. Suggest? 18 minutes later
Thank you.. getting blood tested soon..

Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 minutes later
Welcome...

I would appreciate if you can close this discussion and review.

Cheers!!!