Drug interaction between Ginko supplement and plavix, coversyl, coveram?

Does taking high potency Ginko supplement adversely affect post stroke patients taking combination of:
Plavix, coversyl & coveram?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

Those who take anticoagulants such as ibuprofen, aspirin, or warfarin, or anticoagulant medication for stroke like Plavix should not use Gingko since it promotes bleeding.

The main indications of Gingko is in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease and age related cognitive decline. It is also is a mind booster and concentration enhancer, and an anti-vertigo agent.

The side effects of Gingko supplements are:

1. Seizures
2. Increased bruising or bleeding (ginkgo can increase the risk of bleeding)
3. Nosebleeds
4. Black, tarry stools, bright-red blood in the stool, or vomiting of blood (signs of gastrointestinal bleeding)
5. Signs of a hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in the brain), such as vision or speech changes, weakness or numbness in an arm or leg, or a severe headache
6. Signs of an allergic reaction, such as a rash, hives, itching, swelling of the mouth or throat, wheezing, or difficulty breathing.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.