Done Implanon. What could happen if I do not get it removed?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Excellent
Question
My 3 years XXXXXXX is passed by 3 days for my Implanon. I've applied for insurance and I have yet to see if I am approved. What could happen to me if I don't get it removed.. Should I get it removed or should I wait to see if I am approved?
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
GET IT REMOVED

Detailed Answer:
Hi
A few days past your 3 year XXXXXXX is not a cause of worry.
However, Implanon cannot be left indefinitely inside your body.
Quoting from the Implanon site itself - XXXXXXX Failure to remove the implant may result in continued effects of etonogestrel, such as compromised fertility, ectopic pregnancy, or persistence or occurrence of a drug-related adverse event. XXXXXXX
Hence, if the approval is going to take too long for more than a month from the time crossed 3 years, I would recommend you to get it removed.
Here is the link for your perusal -

WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Done Implanon. What could happen if I do not get it removed? 4 minutes later
what's ectopi pregnancy??

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy outside the normal Uterus

Detailed Answer:
A pregnancy that occurs outside the uterus, generally inside the fallopian tubes, is called ectopic pregnancy. It can be complicated if it occurs as it can lead to uncontrolled XXXXXXX bleeding as it can rupture inside the tubes.

Hope this answers.