Does thyroid problem effect my wife from being pregnant ?

My wife is 33 years old and she is recently diagnosed with Thyroid.
Her test results - TSH - 12.250, FSH - 31.8, Serum LH - 11.4, Serum Prolactin - 12.9
Is thryoid mild or very high?.If she takes thyroid tables continuously, will it come down?.
Also doctor told that she is approaching earlier menopause. How to avoid earlier menopause?.
Also we are planning for baby?. Is it possible for her to conceive?.
Can you please suggest?.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 24 minutes later

Your wife has high TSH levels which indicate that she is suffering from hypothyroidism. It can be reversed with regular treatment and intermittent regular monitoring of the thyroid hormone levels.

Regarding the other hormone levels, it depends on which day of her cycle these levels were measured. Usually the samples are taken around day 3 of cycle and FSH levels are interpreted along with serum oestradiol levels.

The FSH levels are on a higher side in your wife which indicates that she is nearing menopause and if it is associated with normal oestradiol levels then her chances of getting pregnant are a bit low.

My suggestion would be to start taking thyroid tablets and in next cycle on day 3 of cycle recheck serum LH, FSH and Oestradiol levels.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.