What causes insomnia and heart palpitations along with high BP?

Endocrinologist
Question
I've been having bad insomnia, heart palpitations, and my BP went up and is fluctuating. I attributed this to my thyroid medication, Levothyroxin and Liothyronin, being too high. I stopped both of them this weekend. I also take estradiol .5 mg and progerstone. I asked my neurologist if I should take a Metoprolol 25 mg. that I had, and she said yes. (I recently in August went off my Metoprolol after being on beta blockers for 25 years for migraines). My last BP reading was 137/81; however, I only took 1/2 of the Metoprolol. Should I take the other half? And, is it safe for me to take a Sumatriptin for a migraine if my BP stays around that level? I can't talk to my doctor until tomorrow.
Symptoms: Blood pressure fluctuating, slight headache
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About high blood pressure and migraine;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Yes, you may increase the dose of me to prolog up to 100 mg daily but check the heart rate before increasing it, if it is under 60 it is not recommended to increase the dose.
Sumatrip tani is not recommended at uncontrolled blood pressure, anyway 135/ 80 is not too high but it would be better to continue treatment after the blood pressure is under 130/80 mm/ hg. As the headache is slight, try paracetamol for a couple of days.
I would not suggest to stop levothyroxine, you may probably stop liothyronine and check ft4 and ft3, 2 weaks after but not both of them.
Hope i have been helpful.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta