Does my ultrasound result explain my discomfort pelvic pain?

Can u please explain the results of my attached ultrasound to me and whether it may be the reason i have pelvic pain bad enough to need lortab 5mg's prescribed
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you for using HCM, I would love to help you Detailed Answer: I am so sorry that you have been experiencing so much pain and discomfort. pelvic pain can be very frustrating, especially because it can be so hard to identify what the cause is. the ultrasound results that you attached (and thank you so much for attaching the ultrasound!) are essentially normal, and probably don't explain your pain at all. at your age, the thickened endometrium is also normal, and most likely reflects the stage of your cycle. even though the radiologist suggested a hysterosonogram, I think that most gynecologists would agree that it would not be helpful, as the result were normal. the fact is that very often an ultrasound will not reveal the cause of pelvic pain. it still makes sense to get an ultrasound, because sometimes if might show something obvious, but very often the results are similar to what happened in your case, and further evaluations may need to be done. the most likely cause of pelvic pain that cannot be seen in an ultrasound is endometriosis. I do believe that you should explore this possibility with your doctor and ask him/her about how this can be evaluated and treated. please let me know if you have any more questions, I hope I helped you understand the results, and I would be happy to give you any more information you might need.