Does maintaining relation with borderline personality disorder person will cause problem?

hi dr grief. my mental health support crew have told that a long term relationship with a woman who has borderline personality disorder can cause the man major problems. including severe trauma for life. this is all the can tell me. I can't find out anymore. is there anyone there who could help me?
thanks, XXXXXXX stanford.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 1 hour later

Thank you for the query

Personality disorders are conditions in which an individual differs significantly from an average person, in terms of how they think, perceive, feel or relate to others.

Changes in how a person feels and distorted beliefs about other people can lead to odd behaviour, which can be distressing and may upset others.

Same thing has happened here

Both require detail evaluation regarding the feelings and adjustment and psychological counselling.

Please get back if you require additional information

Dr Sandhya Manorenj

Hi tech city hyderabad