Does belly growth indicate any tumor with history of Spondyloarthropathy ?

HI! I'm Curious about my somewhat rapid belly girth. I am a 48 yo female with two children ages 9 & 6 produced via intensive IVF ( I mention this because I had 11 stimulated IVF cycles on XXXXXXX FSH plus other meds). Oddly in 2006 I was diagnosed with long standing Spondyloprathy - diagnosed by a University based Rheumatologist (possibly Ankylosing Spondyothropathy). I went through 14+ months trying various NSAIDS to no avail. I am now on Fentanyl Patch. I have rejected, for the time being, TNF a blockers as my children are so young and sick all the time with usual childhood bugs, and my mother has latent, never treated TB. I am about 5'7" and used to be 115 now about 120-125. My belly - only - belly is larger. I am also perimenopausal -perhaps fully in menopause (12 month wait right?). After all the IVF meds , as well as the cocktail of meds the docs had/have me on for the AS or Undifferentiated AS, I'm nervous about malignancies. The main question is how can I tell I'm just getting a belly due to age and meopause v something more sinister (remember I was 5"7 115lbs!,the human coat hangar, the but of jokes!), Now look 4 months pregnant (with my second), with my first I did not show until 6.5 months , I worked in government in Washington right before 911, and NO one could tell I was pregnant!
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
A growing belly does not mean that you have a tumor growing inside. You are otherwise a healthy female with no major symptoms right now. Having Spondyloarthropathy is an age -related problem. Taking NSAIDS for long time may cause gastric acidity and erosions only.
If you still want to be sure that the belly you have is an age related change only then you can get your complete blood work up done along with an ultrasound scan of your whole abdomen to detect any abnormal masses.
To confirm that you are actually menopausal blood LH, FSH levels will help.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.