Do I have neck pain due to drinking milk?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi from last one year iam using amul gold milk, and from last three months i am suffering from my neck pain. i have shown to doctor he said there is sulling in neck boons. does this is because if it.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sangeet 55 minutes later

If you meant swelling in neck bones, your doctor must have meant degenerative disease of the spine i.e age related changes in your neck bones.

I don't see any problem with you having milk, so continue having it as will provide Calcium for your bones.

Neck pain could possibly be because of spondylosis, a condition which affects the neck bones causing pain. It can be temporarily be relieved by doing stretching exercises of the neck. You need to see a physiotherapist for that.

However, as the exact cause of pain isn't known, I would advise you to get a X-ray of the neck and see an Orthopedician as to know the exact cause.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.