Discomfort in scrotum, no pain on sneezing, coughing, no lumps. Urine test report normal. Causes for discomfort?

uncomfortable feeling in scrotum when its loose wired feeling, No pains,no urine tests report normal.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question here.

I need a little more information please:
(1) Any pain or discomfort when you cough, sneeze or bear down?
(2) Feeling around your testicles is there any pain, tenderness or lumps?
(3) Any history of surgery to your scrotum?
My feeling is that this is probably nothing too serious. Thank you.
Follow-up: Discomfort in scrotum, no pain on sneezing, coughing, no lumps. Urine test report normal. Causes for discomfort? 10 hours later
Hello Doc,

There is no pain while coughing or sneezing,
no pain or tenderness or lumps around the testicles,
No surgery .

I uesd to run regularly but after this feeling i have stopped running that has helped a bit, but the weird feeling still continues..
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 7 hours later
Hi there again. Thanks for answering my questions.

From your provided information, I would be happy that there is nothing serious going on here.

The fact that your symptoms abated slightly, when you quit running makes me wonder if this may not be some spinal nerve root compression referring discomfort into your scrotum.

In any case it would be safe to just see how things progress. If after a few more weeks rest from running, you still have this feeling, then perhaps you will need to have it checked with your physician.

I hope you accept this answer. Wish you good health.