Discomfort in anus region. Skin below the scrotum is dark and feels itchy. Help?

Sep 2013

Since past few days, I am experiencing a very strange feeling. Whenever I sit on the office chair or train,bus with my trousers on, I experience a small uneasiness in my anus region but when i am at home i never encounter that feeling. Also while passing stool sometime i feel discomfort which is very minor. Instead of trousers when i wear shorts, I feel totally comfortable. Also on the upper thighs region just below the scrotum i have noticed that the skin has become dark with severe itching. I applied clop GM Neo cream over there and the itching disappeared but still the skin hasn't become fair in colour. I showed it to n number of physicians and they say that there is nothing to worry about. I recently undergoned 2 medical tests and doctors confirmed that i am 100% medically fit but still i am a lot worried. Please can you help me.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 4 hours later
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.

You are feeling uneasiness (strange feeling) and this is a peculiar sensation. Patients usually feel itching over anus (strange feeling, intense desire of itching) and particularly more due to rise in temperature as when you sit over a chair or trousers on. When you wear shorts, because of cool air, you don't feel itching. When you pass stool minor irritation is there, it may be due to hemorrhoid or due to skin allergy.

Color of thigh skin seems to be due to pigmentation after effect of skin allergy.
It will regain normal color after long time.

Causes are as follow,
•     Pin worm infestation (a type of worm which develops peri-anal skin itch)
•     Hemorrhoids in first stage, there is an intense desire of itching around anus (strange feeling as you mentioned in your query).
•     Skin disease around anus skin, this also develops itch around anus.

So you mentioned that you are medical fit, you are right. Only blood examination, stool examination and physical examination by a skin specialist (for skin allergy), surgeon (hemorrhoids) will find out the cause of discomfort.

For constipation you have to consult a physician (some laxative may soften the stool).
Hope I have answered your question up to your satisfaction.

If further any question I will be happy to help.
Wish you good luck.
Follow-up: Discomfort in anus region. Skin below the scrotum is dark and feels itchy. Help? 40 minutes later
Thank you Sir. Which blood tests do you recommend.
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 15 minutes later

I will advice you blood examination for C B C ( level of eiosinophils which is normally 2-6 %), also for sugar level.
However consultant will tell you ,which test specifically.
Anti worm treatment with local cream will give you instant relief.
Hope I have answered your question.
Best regards.
Dr. Het