Diarrhea and headache with sharp back pain. Chest x-ray and head MRI fine. What to do?

Spine Surgeon
Headache, back pain little below shoulder like a stabbing pain same pain on front by arm pit and along rib cage has been on and off for 6 months. also pain by right hip bone like a stabbing pain started 2 weeks ago and diarrhea for 3 months. have had a chest xray that was fine and a head mri that was fine too
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 7 hours later

Thank you for your query.

You have not mentioned how long ago you had the concussion injuries.

The pain pattern you described along with the ribcage is suggestive of pain arising from the spine or nerve pain which runs along the rib. This may probably be related to your old injuries.

In the absence of significant findings on X-rays, it is advisable to get a CT/MRI scan of your spine to rule out any spine injury / nerve compressions.

The hip pain and diarrhea may or may not be related. You can also get x-ray of the hip to check for any abnormal pathology.

I hope I have answered your query. Please revert to me if you have doubts

Follow-up: Diarrhea and headache with sharp back pain. Chest x-ray and head MRI fine. What to do? 1 hour later
thank you for writing back,
the concussion was september of this year. with the pain by the rib cage and back i have never had any injuries in that area before. i will set up a ct or mri asap
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 16 minutes later
Thanks for getting back.

Revert to me with the results.