Diagnosed with liver cirrhosis. Had heart attack resulting in triple bypass. Noticed dark red urine. Remedy?

I am a 58 year old male, diagnosed with cirrosis of the liver, due to hepatitus - C, I contracted 30 years ago, but remained undiagnosed, until a couple of years ago, when I had a heart attack, ultimately resulting in a "triple bypass". My cirrosis of the liver has now recently developed in acites, and I've recently had a couple of paracentisis procedures. Lab work associated with these, indicates "low potassium". Previously, I've had a couple of episodes of blood in my urine, characterized by urine stream starting out clear, and then turning red. The next urination would start out red, and then turn clear. These two episodes would be rare, and infrequent. Tonight, I've urinated twice in a row with very dark red urine, both with some small "clots". In recent months, Ive developed a pain in my back, "off center" of my spine, on the right side. This occurs with working in awkward positions of my upper body. Questions ?
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 46 minutes later
Brief answer...Need certain informations from ou before proceeding ahead.
Detailed answer...
Since when are you having this bleeding?
Is there any burning in urine or pain in passing urine?
Is there any associated fever?
Is there any history of kidney stones earlier?
Since when you are having back ache?
any investigations which has been carried out in this regard?
Any medication being prescribed in this regard?
waiting for you reply.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with liver cirrhosis. Had heart attack resulting in triple bypass. Noticed dark red urine. Remedy? 30 minutes later
Please read what I wrote.
No regular health care.
Rare bleeding in urine as of a few months ago.
No burning, or discomfort during urination.
No Fever.
No history of kidney stones.
Back pain began in recent last 2 to 3 months.
meds :
Metoprol 100 mg x1 a day
Amlodipine 5 mg x1 a day
Simvastatin 40 mg x1 a day
Spironolact 100 mg x1 a day
Furosemide 40 mg x2 day
Folic Acid 1 mg x1 a day
Potassium CL ER 10 MEQ x1 a day

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Thanks for your reply.
I have read your reply well.
The most common cause for painless bleeding in urine in adults over the age of 40 years and specially if you pass blood clots, is bladder cancer.However there can be various other causes for such type of painless bleeding,like..
Arteriovenous fistula
Any sickle disease.
You must consult a urologist and get the immediate cystoscopy done along with other relevant investigations like CT,various blood tests and urine examination.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck