Diagnosed with endometriosis. Cyst removed via laproscopy. Took portia 21. Why am I experiencing brown discharge?

Hi there, I was diagnosed with endometriosis last year officially, I had a 9cm cyst removed via laproscopy in March. My doctor put me on portia 21 for 3 months non stop then stop for period then continue. I allowed my period to come two weeks ago and it came normally for 4 days but ever since then ive been experiencing dark brown clump discharge and some pain here and there, un sure of what that might mean
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 minutes later
Since you havent bled for 3 months due to continous use of combined pills,its likely that you may have some mid cycle spotting in the form of brown discharge.The bloody discharge is dark in colour due to it being 'old ' blood.Since you havent bled in 3 months,you may have heavy bleeding everytime you stop for your period.You need not worry about this much.You can take tranexemic acid/ethamsylate tablets for this breakthrough bleeding.The pain will likely come with the bleeding as is normal in endometriosis. It can be managed with pain killers.