Diagnosed with coagulase negative staphylococcus infection. What is the correct dosage of Cindamycin?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I was recently diagnosed with a coagulase negative staphylococcus infection ( many seen in culture report ) and was wondering what is the correct dosage of Cindamycin is usually given to clear this infection up over a 10 day time frame. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dose depend upon severity of infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pneumonia due to Staphylococcus and has been taking Clindamycin.

The dose of the Clindamycin depends upon the severity of infection
If the infection is Serious infections—150 to 300 mg every 6 hours.has to be taken orally
More severe infections—300 to 450 mg every 6 hours.for 10 days.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with coagulase negative staphylococcus infection. What is the correct dosage of Cindamycin? 3 minutes later
Staphylococcal arthritis is the issue. Is 300 Mg's 3 x a day for 10 days correct ? or should it get bumped to 450 MG's ?

Thanks

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take it as advixed by your Dr,

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
You can take 300 mg three times in a day for 10 days.
Thanks nd Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with coagulase negative staphylococcus infection. What is the correct dosage of Cindamycin? 4 hours later
Thanks

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye

Detailed Answer:
Have a good luck.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.