Diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. Hearing click sound in head. Is this normal?

Dear Sirs,

I have been experienced the click click sound in my head (I felt like in my brain... I guess) today. The sound could be heard clear everytime I turned my head in the horizontal (from left to right is click click ... double sound click and click) and from right to left just one sound click only. My age is 29, I was diagonalize for ankylosing spondilotis,
My Blood test is normal 3 months before and SI joint xray is normal
Please let me know this is normal?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 1 hour later
Yes it seems to be normal.
It does not appear serious.
One possibility is that it could be a sound you are hearing because of involvement of the cervical spine.
So what you could do is take an anti inflammatory medication like Etoricoxib for a few days.
You need a physiotherapist consultation to demonstrate exercises for the neck. The neck needs to be mobile and avoid stiffness all the time. This strengthens the muscles as well.
I think it should be gone in a few days.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. Hearing click sound in head. Is this normal? 44 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Please suggest the blood tests and X-ray for 3 month routine checkup for me and also suggest any Rheumatologist in Bangalore for the check up as i am new to the city,

Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 7 hours later
Hi, you should get your complete blood count, ESR, liver function test and urine routine exam.

Chan re is a center in Bangalore for Rheumatology. You may want to visit it.