Diagnosed with anal fistula. Is surgery the only option? Can Ayurveda help?

Ayurveda Specialist

I am diagnosed with a fistula tract bases on MRI scan advised to me. The Impression of the MRI scan is as follows
" A transsphinteric anal fistula with XXXXXXX opening at 5-6 O' clock position at proxima anal level as described"

Currently i am unable to attach the report in this portal.

Request if you can advise on following
1) How should i go about treating the same?
2) Is surgery the only option?
3) I have also heard about kshar XXXXXXX in Ayurveds? is this techinque full proof (any chances of recurrence/incontinece)?
4) Who are the best doctors in Mumbai who can treat this?

Pls advise
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 16 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have read your query about the anal fistula.

1. In anal fistula treatment; Ayurveda advice for surgery

2. Surgery is only the option.

3. In anal fistula surgery; there are two options

a. Kshar- XXXXXXX treatment ; in this treatment the surgical procedure for cutting and healing of the canal would be perform with the medicated thread and its really fantastic procedure given by our ancient Saints. It’s really miracle; there are very less chances of recurrence than the modern procedure. The main safe side is that it has great way of healing.

b. Modern open cut surgery – have a problem of recurrence and healing process is very long and painful.

4. I do not know the doctors in Mumbai; but searched from web and giving you the name

b. Dr. XXXXXXX Salvi - 0000

Dr. Nikul Patel