Diabetic, taking glycomet. Having skin itching, controlling with levo cetrozen but no help. Advised HbA1C test?

FBS : 115,PPBS: 165 tested on 14.7.13. My hypertension is under control
I am taking Glycomet Sr 500 mg -one tab per day. From the last few days i am having skin itching. I am controlling it with levo Cetrogen. But it has not stopped. As my regular Physician is out of the station, one of the physician suggested for HbA1C test. As per test the value is 6.8%. Pl suggest me a drug to control the itching
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 47 minutes later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Dear sir,

Well looking into the history you have give i think that you are suffering from generalised itching . HbA1c - 6.8% is slightly on the higher side but still not very bad control . Since you are already taking levocetrizine that is an antihistaminic but it is still not controlled I advise you to see a dermatologist and get yourself evaluated for this.

You can take fexofanadine 120 mg once a day after consultation with your treating doctor that is quite effective in such situations . Applying lactocalmine lotion will soothe your skin .

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti