Diabetic, taking Triglycomet and Vobose. Triglycomet is not available. Suggest alternative medicine?

Hi I am 45 Yr old and have been taking Triglycomet and Vobose 0.2 mg twice a day for my diabetic. Now since Triglycomet is not available in the mearket, what is the alternative medicine for the same
My sugar level fasting would be around 130 to 150 and 99 would around 225
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 13 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Triglycomet is a combination of three Oral hypoglycemic agents namely(Glibenclamide+metformin+Pioglitazone).

Pioglitazone in this combination is ban by the Government of India due the increased incidence of Bladder cancer and fractures associated with it.

Pioglitazone acts as an insulin sensitizer and helps in uptake of insulin for the synthesis of glucose in the body.

So now you may use Prandin group of OHA's like Repaglinide in the place of Pioglitazone.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.