taking Geminor MP2 along with Voglimac. Any substitute?

I was taking Geminor MP2 along with Voglimac 0.2 twice a day. Now the chemist tells me that Geminor has been banned. So I am now taking Amaryl M2, which I was taking previously along with Voglimac 0.2 twice a day . I would be grateful Sir for your advise.
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 20 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Geminor MP2 is a combination of(Glimepiride+Metformin+Pioglitazone).

Recently the Government of India has ban Pioglitazone from used due to increased risk of bladder cancer and fracture of bone.

Amaryl M2 has(Glimepiride+metformin).

If your blood glucose are well controlled with Amaryl M2 and Voglimac then you may continue the same. These are sufficient.

If the blood sugars are not controlled with them them there are two options

1. you may Add prandin group of OHA's like Repaglinide.

2. Insulin with or without the combination of OHA(Oral hypoglycemic drugs).

Consult with your doctor before any change in the treatment.

Hope the answer helps you.
pleased to answer other queries.

Follow-up: taking Geminor MP2 along with Voglimac. Any substitute? 24 hours later
Thanks Dr Basheer for your prompt response. I walk daily for one hour and take three full meals a day. That is to say normal meals. When I was following diabetic meal I used to feel drowsy and less energetic in office work. However, when I take three full normal meals a day I feel okay and energetic. But sugar level rises. What would you suggest in such a scenario. I also observe that during evenings my sugar level drop backs in the normal range.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 48 minutes later

In the first place you need to adjust your diabetic medicine depending on your meal and work activities.

With this in mind now coming to food.

1. Divide your meal into 4 parts.

1/4 for Carbohydrates(Rice, wheat and cereals).
1/4 for proteins(Soy, chicken and fish).
2/4 for Fibers(Vegetables, greens, salads).

This is practical and easy to follow.

Take small meal frequently.
In this wall you can be energetic ans your blood sugar will be under control.
Follow-up: taking Geminor MP2 along with Voglimac. Any substitute? 16 hours later
I take Amaryl M2 and Voglimac 0.2 along with Tenormin 50 on empty stomach first thing in the morning. Then again I take amaryl M2 and Voglimac 0.2 in the evening before dinner (after I come back from evening walk of 5 km). After Dinner I take Cardace 5, Noklot +150 and Fibator. Is this okay. Do you have any suggestions ?
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 7 minutes later

The drug intake are perfectly fine.

You may follow the same.