Diabetic. Having pain in ankle joint. Prescribed Febuget 40. Should I go for higher dose?

Dear Doctor,

I am a male of 46 ; been diabetic for the past 8 years. Recently my Uric Acid level has gone up to 6.5 and my doctor has prescribed FEBUGET 40. I have been taking this for the past 10 days but I have been experiencing excruciating pain in my right ankle joint today. This used to be a very occasional happening not lasting more than a minute or so ; but today it has been acute for a good 10 minutes. How do I alleviate the pain and should I have a higher drug dosage ? Please can you guide me ?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The pain may be related to flare of gout and the medicine for acute flare are different. They are called NSAIDs or Opiods.
Faucet is a good drug but needs to be taken regularly to prevent the gout attack and to control the urate levels but due to it's slow onset of action it is not helpful in acute attack.
You should get a local examination by an orthopedician and an Xray of the affected joint.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.