Diabetes,erectile dysfunction,cialis,watery semen

I am 74 yrs. old, 5'10'', 175lbs. I was diagnosed with Grade 2 diabetes at the age of 73 yrs. I have erectile dysfunction and take cialis tablets to counteract this. My semen is extremely watery and never used to be and is giving me cause for concern. Do I need any form of medical treatment?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 21 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

It is normal to have changes in the semen appearance and texture from time to time unless associated with any other symptoms as pain during urination,fever,burning urination etc.

It can be affected by other factors as smoking,alcohol,drugs and slight changes do occur in the counts as aging progresses.

Diabetes also is a major cause of erectile dysfunction and it can affect the sperm quality and sexual health.

At your age prostate issues are quite common which can cause problems in erection and sperm production and quality so you can consider getting it examined it along with current blood sugar levels.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up