Developed lump below clitoris. What could it be?

May 2013
I have developed a lump to the right, just below my clitoris. It is the second time (in the same spot)- last time was before I became sexually active, it happened within days of my flying so I thought it had to do with that. It seems to be full of a browny coloured blood which is noticable when I wipe or squeeze it. It grows painful as it grows in size and seems to be relieved when I squeeze it. What could this be?
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later

According to your description there is possibility of bartholin cyst.
Bartholin cyst presents near the opening of vagina.
Its function is lubricating the vagina during intercourse with its secretions.
When the duct of the gland gets blocked it forms cyst. When the cyst gets infected abscess forms.
Abscess will be filled with blood and pus and gives pain.
When you squeeze it some amount of blood and pus will come out relieving some pressure.
Now you once consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination. After observing the condition of the lump she will give you treatment options.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.