Delayed periods, not pregnant, spotting, used registrone and oval G. Can periods be normal with this?

Hi i am 29 yrs old ..i am supposed to get my periods on August 20 and it some how delayed till 24. This never happened to me as i always have regular periods. I visited doctor to know if i am pregnant but it was negative. On aug 24 i got some spottings regularly and it continued for 6 days. As per doctors advise i used registrone for 3 days and i got periods again on 3rd september. Bleeding was severe for 3 days and after that regular spottings. I visited doctor again yesterday (09/12/2011) and advised to use Pause 500 for 2 days (3 times a day) and Ovral G for 20 days (1 pill every day) and she confirmed it is due to hormonal changes. I am feeling sickness while using this. Just wanted to confirm since this never happened to me - Does this ovral G needs to be used for months. I dont want to be medicated for long. Please advise. I am planning to conceive and How long i need to use this Ovral G. Next month do i get my periods to normalcy?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 21 minutes later

Ovral G is a hormonal preparation and is used for menstrual irregularities.

It is associated with side effects as nausea, vomitting, abdominal pain, headache, tiredness etc.

The pills are usually prescribed for a time duration depending on the cause and are to be taken continuously without any break.

Depending on the hormonal irregularities the medication may be prescribed.Kindly do not stop the medicine abruptly as it can lead to hormonal fluctuations.Continue as advised by your treating doctor.

Regarding the conception you can plan once your hormonal levels are regularised and normal ovulation starts.

Usually woman respond well to Ovral G and periods are regularised but it can vary in every individual.So you would have to wait and watch for the next periods.

You can alse get a Hormonal Analysis and USG scan done to rule out any abnormality after discussing with your Doctor.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.