Dark spots on the areola of the breast, dry skin. Mammogram normal. Concerned

I have noticed several dark spots on the arreola of my left breast. Should I be concerned? Also, I have had very dry itchy skin on the upper part of my body. I just had a mammorgram which was negative.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
Thank you for your query

I am Dr Gaurav Patel, dermatologist and will answer your query.

You have dry and sensitive skin; it seems that black spots are related to that. It may be due to eczema, allergy or fungal infection. As mammogram is negative, there is nothing serious related to it. Apply good moisturizer lotion 3-4 times a day over body. Use warm water to bath, do not use hot water. Use glycerin base soap.

To have a better idea about your condition, I would like to know some more detail about your condition-
-since when do you have this problem?
-have you applied any cream? If yes, which one?
-is it happen for first time?
-have you changed your inner wear recently?
-any symptom like itching, pain, burning is there?
-is it stable or spreading?

Awaiting your response
Thank you
Follow-up: Dark spots on the areola of the breast, dry skin. Mammogram normal. Concerned 8 hours later
I recently moved to a new city in December and that is when my skin started itching. I only recently noticed the change in dark spots on my breasts, I have had some in the past, now I have a few more. I have applied different creams for sensitive creams, including ones that include Aloe Vera and Borage. I itch in other areas of my upper body as well. I feel the itch is spreading. Should I try another cream.
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 25 minutes later

Thank you for your reply.

Change in atmosphere is a common reason for the dryness and itching. For itching over body, apply good moisturizer lotion and take anti histaminic medicine. For breast area, you can apply cream containing anti fungal and mild steroid.

If still the problem persists, then better to consult a dermatologist. Thyroid level should be checked once.

I hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have any doubts.