Cut from tailbone to buttocks, not healed, itches and hurts. Diarrhea due to antibiotic for sinuse. How can it be healed, help?

I currently have a cut about 3 inches long from my tailbone going up my butt crack tor about a week that will not heal on its own . I think it was from excessively using the bathroom and it hurts and sometimes itches. Is there anything I can use to help heal it? This started when I went to San XXXXXXX and was walking around for a while in a thong and the next day had pain to the touch and also has diahrrea for about a week due to an antibiotic I was taking for a sinus infection. Please help
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

It sounds from the information that you submitted like you may have a small fissure. this can sometimes develop from time to time in a patient who has difficulty with persistent diarrhea or constipation. In your case I have a couple of recommendations.

The first recommendation that I have would be for you to have at least two warm baths taken every day. I would recommend that you sit in the bathtub for at least 15 to 20 minutes. This will allow the Warmwater to help soothe your data tissue. It also promotes healing.

In addition I would recommend that you purchase a small tube of preparation H cooling gel. I would apply this at least two or three times per day to the affected area. If you actually have some irritation around the anus this will help soothe in that area.

It sometimes can take two or three weeks for this type of thing to heal so I encourage you to be patient.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I can appreciate your feeling quite uncomfortable. I am sure your body will slowly heal over the next couple of weeks. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert