Could presence of a lump in the vaginal wall is an indication of pregnancy?

I wear a nuvaring and i place it low inside my vagina and upon an self exam i noticed a lump near it. What prompted this was constipation. Could i be pregnant?
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not due to pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The presence of a lump in the vaginal wall is not suggestive of pregnancy. The small lump could be due to 1. Vaginal inclusion cysts 2. Gartner's duct cysts. 3. Bartholin's cyst A careful examination followed by investigations like biopsy may be needed for diagnosis. Usually it is a benign non progressive swelling. Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: Could presence of a lump in the vaginal wall is an indication of pregnancy? 4 minutes later
Would it be suggestive of endometreosis? My pediatric obgyn suspects i may be suffering from it, however i have never had a pap smear after becoming sexually active but always have protected sex. All regular gyn tests and std checks came back negative during my last visit about a month ago and the only thing that showed up was a low vitamin d level
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: No. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. It is not due to endometriosis. If there is no associated acute pain in the lower abdomen during your periods then there is no need to worry. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards