Could I take tamiflu for sore throat and cough with brown sputum?

I have a sore throat, congested cough with brown sputum, severe hip pain, temperature 101.6 and chills. What do I have. I have tamiflu available shall I take it or antibiotics or nothing
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hardik Thakker 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please take an antibiotic soon. Detailed Answer: Hi, Greetings from health care magic!!! I am Dr Thakker and shall be answering your question. I can understand your state of mind with such a high grade fever, chills and cough. I will try to answer your question and guide you through the problem. You are suffering from a severe bacterial infection of the respiratory tract. The fever and chills are markers of infection. The brown sputum is suggestive of streptococcal pneumonia infection. I would recommend you to take an antibiotic like levofloxacin for 7 days. I would recommend that you visit a physician to rule out an underlying pneumonia. I would also recommend paracetamol for fever, cetrizine for running nose, a cough syrup and pantoprazole. I would like you to have some investigations done like the CBC, X-ray chest, sputum examination with grams stain. this will help us to narrow down the diagnosis and point to the organism. Please get back to me with these above reports and we could discuss your treatment further. I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me. Yours sincerely, Dr Thakker.