Continuous burning pain sensation between ball sack and anus. What could it be?

Question
I have continuous burning pain sensation between ball sack and anus.no lump that I can fill. What is it?
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it could be pudendal neuralgia

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Neuropathy is the abnormal function or structure of a nerve resulting in abnormal sensations such as the burning that your are experiencing.

The nerve that supplies the region that you are describing is the pudenal nerve. For this reason the abnormal sensation can be related to pudenal neuropathy.

The pudendal nerve carries sensations from the genital, the lower rectum and the perineum ( the area between the genitals and anus).

It can be caused by : (1)trauma,
(2)diabetes,
(3)entrapment of the nerve as it travels along its normal course
(4)multiple sclerosis

It is diagnosed by physical examination by a doctor and also by the injection of a local anesthetic in the area.If the injection stop the pain , then this area is identified as the problems.
Imaging studies may also be done if it is thought that the nerve is entrapped to identify the area involved.

TReatment can involve the use of injections to reduce the pain or the surgery if the nerve is trapped somewhere.

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions