Consistent tiredness, low motivation. How can I overcome this?

I am always tired. I sleep at least 7 hours a night but constantly have to nap during the day. Even when at work. I have little to no motivation or energy. It is going to cause me to lose my job. I work out 5 times a week and eat clean. I am in good shape. I am 30yr male. I have two kids and a beautiful wife. I am happy in all respects with that aspect of my life.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 44 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. The causes of sleep problems are diverse. That could be related to mood. It could be related to breathing problem at night. If you have allergy, or enlarged tonsils or other factors that can affect your sleep like obesity, that could be the cause. It could also be related to chronic insomnia. Some people who do sport close to bed time or smoke close to bed time,... will find sleep problem. That could also be related to restless legs. If you have anemia or back problems, those can cause restless leg issues. That could also be narcolepsy which is rare. So first you should see what category your sleep problem is related. I wish you a good health.