Condom broke during sex. Have congestion and noticed blood in mucus. Throat feels sore. Lymph nodes swollen. Concerned?

I asked a question to a doctor earlier today. I had sex on August the 21st 2013 and the condom broke. I have known her for sometime but I don't trust anyone when it comes to something like this. She told me I had nothing to worry about. I have been having problems with congestion in the morning and night just before bed, ear congestion that won't go away, and small patches of blood in the green yellow mucus chunks that I cough up in the morning. When I bend down my head feels like it wants to explode and my eyes are very dry and heavy. It feels like something is in them. I am fatigued at this point so today and tomorrow is all about rest. My temp has been no higher than 98.7. I have been having this problem for 3 weeks now. I had taken a nap this afternoon and now my throat is a little sore. I don't know if my lymph nodes have anything to do with it and I can't tell if they are swollen or what they feel like when they are. I have also had a bout with diarrhea this morning. I have been reading the hiv can do this at two weeks or two months. I was told by another doctor on here that you wont start seeing symptoms with stds for months and what I have doesn't sound like any symptoms of any stds. He said you won't see this at 3 or 4 weeks in. I am going to get tested this week but am just curious by another response.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not likely to be due to HIV infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The symptoms that you have described are likely to be due to an upper sinus infection. An examination by an ENT specialist with throat swab culture will help in confirmation of the diagnosis.
These symptoms are likely to be due to an STD or HIV infection.
HIV is the name of virus only, and disease (Aids) takes many years to develop. Thus your symptoms are not due to it.
It is better to go for the HIV test 12 weeks after your sexual encounter to get a conclusive result.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Condom broke during sex. Have congestion and noticed blood in mucus. Throat feels sore. Lymph nodes swollen. Concerned? 2 hours later
You scared me there for a minute saying these symptoms are likely due to an STD or HIV infection. I read so many things here on the internet it becomes confussing. I thought headaches and cold which are flu like symptoms would be considered to be some of the early stages of the virus as well as the diarrhea. I'm just doing my research before I go see the doctor this week. I guess one month after the encounter is to early to recognize any virus if there is one. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
The symptoms are not due to HIV or STD.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
Sorry. I meant to say that your symptoms are not likely to be due to STD or HIV. Please do not worry. Do get yourself tested after 12 weeks to know for sure.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.