Condom broke during intercourse. Have small red painless bump on penis. No puss. Is that STD?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Hi,I have a weird small red painless type bump on the head of my penis,I am worried because A condom broke during intercourse ,I replaced it right away but it showed up the day after,its been 6 days still there but no change no puss and doesnt hurt,its barely noticeable but would like to get more info
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sexually transmitted infections Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for choosing health care magic. Sexually transmitted infections(STI) are usually associated with pus or discharge and genital ulcers or rash. There is also swelling of groin lymph nodes with associated urinary tract infection. In your case, based on the details shared in your query, there seems to be a bump with no other symptoms suggestive of STI. However, the risk of STI cannot be ruled out as the barrier protection you used broke and that would have exposed you to a possible infection. Partner's sexual history is important here. For now, I suggest you use an antibacterial cream over the bump for 2-3 days. Keep the genital area clean and dry. If the bump does not reduce, then you need to get it examined at an STD clinic nearby you. Painless bump forming an ulcer, with swollen groin lymph nodes should raise a suspicion of syphilis. I hope I have cleared your doubts. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Condom broke during intercourse. Have small red painless bump on penis. No puss. Is that STD? 38 minutes later
I provided a picture so maybe you can help further also what would be the solution,its really painless but i dont like it there

Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Antibacterial cream would suffice Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX Welcome back. Antibacterial cream application over the bump for 3-5 days will suffice. I do not think it is an STI. Thanks.